We offer different levels of certification programs in counseling skills and techniques. Please view the levels mentioned below.
Level 1: Counseling Skills and Techniques
Platform: Online self-learning program through video-based learning models.
Who can join? Applicants need to be a graduate in any discipline with a willingness to learn and a passion to empower people through counseling and healing techniques.
Duration: 3 months | 60 Credits | 10 hours per week for 6 weeks.
The examinations include multiple choice questions after every module.
Applicants need to take the test on completion of every video as provided in the the counseling skills and techniques program. This is an important step to receive a certification for the program.
- Minimum passing percentage required: 60%
- Participants have access to the videos for a period of 90 days only.
- Upon completion of the Program, all participants will receive a certificate from Matrrix that denotes completion of the Counseling Skills and Techniques (Foundation Level). Participants are also eligible to apply to the Iinner Universe Education Foundation (IIUEF) for the credentialing process.
1. Introduction to Basics in Counseling skills
The Level 1 of this Counseling Program includes a comprehensive list of chapters for learners to get a firm understanding on the process of counseling, roles and responsibilities of a counselor, importance of ethical practices, display of competencies and more. The introduction is devised to develop essential counseling skills through a self-study format. Learners grasp all the necessary foundation levels techniques that support the exploration of their counseling practice.
a. What is counseling?
b. Myths of counseling
c. Role of a Counselor
d. Process of Counseling
e. Establishing Ethical Contracting Process in Counseling
f. Importance of Boundaries
g. Demonstration of Counselor Competencies
h. Understanding Compassion
I. Introduction to Important Psychological Theories
The understanding of psychology is essential to the counseling process. This chapter is a combination of important psychological theories and theorists. The concepts expand one’s thinking to develop higher levels of understanding of human behavior through tried and tested approaches. The theories offer a firm foundation for an understanding of behavior with the set of guiding principles focused on one’s internal states.
- Psychoanalytic Theory by Sigmund Freud
- Analytical Theory by Carl Jung
- Individual Psychology by Alfred Adler
- Learning Theory Behaviorism by Ivan Pavlov - Classical Conditioning
- Learning Theorist by Bloom Taxonomy
- Learning Theorist by David Kolb
- Existential Psychology: Logotherapy by Viktor Frankl
- Gestalt Psychology
- Humanistic Psychology - Unconditional Positive Regards by Carl Rogers
- Psychoanalytic Theory - Psychodrama
- CBT - Cognitive Behavior Therapy by Aaron Beck
- REBT - Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy by Albert Ellis
J. Learn Transactional Analysis - Dr. Eric Berne:
Transactional Analysis by Dr. Eric Berne is an important psychological theory and a therapy that is used to decode social transactions. The knowledge of TA is used widely in counseling and psychotherapy to support a deeper understanding of self by analyzing one’s thoughts, patterns, and communication style that lead to the results created in life.
TA Program Details:
c) Life Positions
d) Psychological Games
e) Racket Feelings
f) Functional Analysis of Ego-states
h)Drivers and Contamination
i) Discounting, Frame of Reference
j) Symbiosis, Transference, Countertransference, Projections, Retroflections
l) Life Script
m) Life Script Patterns, Script Matrrix, and more.
n) Personality Adaptation
o) Different tools in TA